Prev: We Were Soldiers Next: Re: OT Kids was: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Scouts..... plus Hammers Slammers news

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:25:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Scouts..... plus Hammers Slammers news

Purnelle did that in "Go tell the Spartans". Drake makes a point of
recon satellites in several places in the Hammer's Slammers books.
Usually the opposing sides leave each others satellites mostly alone,
but when an important op comes up satellites get shot down (20cm
powerguns on computer control sweep the skies clear). This last of
course lets the enemy know that *something* is comign down.

There is, by the way, more Slammers material coming out.

see http://david-drake.com/news.html

Neck or Nothing is available in pdf or html

John Crimmins wrote:

>Isn't there a book by Stirling?  Drake, maybe?  ...in which hi-tech
insurgents kick off the fun by knocking out the government's recon
satellites?  _Go Tell
>the Spartans_, I think.
>
>For more fun, electronic warfare: the enemy has hacked into the system
and is scrambling your satellite view.	You're seeing things as they
were