Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Scouts.....

Re: Scouts.....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:51:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Scouts.....

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Nonsense. I've won scenarios with scout platoons.
> Or
> >at least, decisively engaged the enemy with
> indirect
> >fire and caused so much damage that he spent a LOT
> of
> >effort tracking down the scouts, which caused him
> >loose the game.  The scenario called for a hasty
> >attack with the emphasis on haste.  Oh, and he lost
> >all his recon assets and more than a couple tanks
> in
> >the process.
>
> I didn't say impossible, just hard - at least for
> me.  We all have our
> weaknesses.  :-)

Well, the other guy made it pretty easy.  He forgot
what he showed up on the table to do.  I had an
intergrated fire plan, my scout platoon was dismounted
elements scattered singly on hills in forests, I had a
number of dummy counters out, and he was short on
dismounted units.

Memo:  NEVER take a Russian Tank Batallion into a
fight in a city.  One attached MRC ain't enough if you
lead with two armor-pure companies.

John

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Scouts.....