Prev: Scouts..... Next: Re: Scouts.....

Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:10:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

Allan Goodall wrote:

> This weekend or early next week I'll be teaching a hyperactive
almost-13 year
> old how to play Full Thrust. The subject line pretty much outlines the
> question. Cinematic rules would be easiest for him to pick up,
particularly
> since he has a short attention span and tends to go in blazing away. I
suspect
> with vector rules he'll end up sending his ships out of control. On
the other
> hand, I will probably end up going vector with him at some point so I
wonder
> if it's worth skipping the cinematic step and just going to vector.
>
> What are your opinions? I know this has been asked before, but the
criteria is
> rather specific: kid with ADHD!

Cinematic. Definitely cinematic. If he's seen SF spaceflight in movies
and tv shows, he'll grasp it better (of course, imo ;-)

> In case it matters, I'll probably give him Kra'Vak ships while I run
FSE (to
> show SMs and fighters). My force will be weaker than his, though (as
if I need
> it...). However, I might just pick NSL instead of Kra'vak so that his
weapons
> are similar to mine, to limit confusion. Any suggestions?

Urg, K'V for him? THey have a hard enough time keeping their
weapons trained on opponents. I'd say NAC or ESU (NSL seems
in general too difficult to maneuver)

My $0.02 worth :-)

Prev: Scouts..... Next: Re: Scouts.....