Prev: Re: Iron Giant, was Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:21:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:43:48 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote :

> >From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@voicenet.com>
>
> >My wife likes to observe that a casual visitor to our house would
never
> >think that two adults live there...biut she's the one who asks for
Lego
> >sets for
> >Christmas, so she can't really complain.
>
> I'm the Lego addict in our household.

I just wish that I hadn't given my collection away when I turned 13 or
so.  Such a fool...I gave away my Star Wars figures, too, including a
pair(!) of those
big Snow Walkers.

> >Hey, they can be dangerous!	You wouldn't believe how hard a toddler
can
> >punch....
>
> I'm an uncle, my wife's a Nanny.  Yes, I would believe.... I just
meant the
> idea of reading to kids brightened my day.

I love it.  Best part of my job, really.  _Go Away, Big Green Monster!_
is better than Shakespeare.

And, to be honest, it's made me a better gamer as well.  Really: I've
lost my fear of public speaking, I've become a lot more confident, and I
can tell a
damn good story these days...which is a big help when running an RPG.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Iron Giant, was Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR