Prev: Re: Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel

From: jacob walker <gyrfallcan@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:42:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel

Jon Davis wrote:

BEGIN

Jerry Han wrote:

> Hi Jacob,
>
> jacob walker wrote:
> > Has anyone worked up Full Thrust house rules
involving
> > fuel consumption and use of supply ship tankers?
>
> Back at GZG-ECC II, there was an event run called
'Solar Thrust',
> which modeled fuel consumption using variant FT
rules.	I don't
> remember if the Real Thrust conversions were ever
posted to the
> main list though, and I'm not sure Keith Watt is
still on the
> list to talk about it.

Keith left the northeast to work out in Arizona, so
he's not been
at the ECC convention for a number of years.  His
Solar Thrust
games were quite good, running one in ECC II and
another at ECC III.

Check out his web page at:
http://www.exodusproject.com/

He uses fuel for thrust expenditures and more physics
focused
weapons systems for his ships, such as missiles with
X-Ray
laser warheads and short range laser or kinetic
weapons.

END

Thanks Jon.  At first glance Keith's approach appears
to be more complicated that I was looking for, but I
relish the opportunity to feast on such a banquet of
information.

Also thanks to everyone else who put me on the trail
to Keith's site.

Jacob

Prev: Re: Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?