Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel

Re: [ot] Sonic Devices

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:01:08 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [ot] Sonic Devices

Richard Kirke schrieb:
> Hmmm sonic devices,
>
> So you would need some way of identifying the resonant
> frequency.

This shouldn't be too difficult with a bit aof electronics.

> Being a bughunter, I'm more thinking of; run up to a tank attach
> sonic clamp mine, run, watch the fun. As resonsnce is reached the
crew go
> deaf and eventually the tank ruptures (possibly after the magazine
goes off
> :-D ). the only defence I can think of is sufficient
> dampening to [prevent resonance occuring, or to have all sorts of
different
> parts of said AFV having different resonant frequecies (I believe
that some
> cars today boast this as a feature (?).

Some problems:
- Attaching the mine
- Keeping it attached while it shakes the tank to little pieces
- Supplying enough energy to do the job - probably about the same as to
blow a hole in the tank
- Not as quick as an explosive mine.
- Countermeasures - electronical or mechanical to dampen or actively
countract the vibrations.

For most game types, probably not too different from other stick-on
mines.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel