Next: re: Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War???

Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:07:40 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns

Donogh McCarthy wrote:

> The trouble is finding/building miniatures. Does anyone know of any
3-6 leg
> robots, smaller than human size, figures? Any in 15mm?
>
> Otherwise plenty of people on the list have Tau drones, I'm sure they
can
> describe them

The Tau battlesuits come with all sorts of spare plastic bits which are
either optional or not required for every variant. One of these is a
little shield generator thingy about 1/2" across that is a dead ringer
for a miniature drone. Add some aerials from wire and a couple of
scratchbuilt guns and - hey presto - 15mm Tau Drones. However, buying
battlesuits is a rather expensive way of producing them unless you
actually collect Tau.

This of course doesn't help Brian much, since he is looking specifically
for walking Drones !

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Next: re: Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War???