Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [OT] Librarians

Re: DSII/SGII-related question: fighting vehicles

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:33:49 +1100
Subject: Re: DSII/SGII-related question: fighting vehicles

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> We've got an ACE in our company right now that has had
> a CLIII leak in it's hydraulics system for over a
> year.  There's two miles of hydro line in those
> bastards, and not even half of it is accessible
> without major hull disassembly.

Reminds me of the Cherrypicker TOW launchers that used
to be in service. Or so I was informed by a maintenance
tech who had the misfortune to be responsible for some.
13 hoses in a 1ft x 1ft x 1ft area, all liable to break
as soon as you hit a bump...

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [OT] Librarians