Prev: FMA 1:6 Scale Next: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements

RE: Holds for hauling OGRE/GEV troops...

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:21:55 -0800
Subject: RE: Holds for hauling OGRE/GEV troops...

OgreThulu comes to mind.

Michael Brown

-----Original Message-----
From:	Imre A. Szabo
Sent:	Tuesday, March 19, 2002 4:41 PM
To:	gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject:	FT: Holds for hauling OGRE/GEV troops...

 << File: ATT00004.htm >> Hi Guys,

Assuming that the Fleet Books are correct, 1 mass = 100 tonnes, 1 hold
could
carry up to 100 tonnes of cargo or troops.  I am planning to use
OGRE/GEV as a
ground combat system for a Full Thrust campaign this summer.  1 NPV =  6

OGRE/GEV points.  This allows 1 bio mass of Sa'Vasku to be the
equivalent of 2
heavy tanks...

For regular units, cargo space = points / 12.  This means 1 hold can
carry 2
heavy tanks (i.e.. 2 x 50 ton tanks), or 1 supper heavy tank (i.e.. 1 x
100 ton
tank), or 2 platoons of infantry (i.e. 6 squads).  Player's will build
units to
deploy, including support forces.  I hope to have regiment to division
level
engagements...

For OGRE's, about 25 points equal 2 holds.  This means a Mark 1 requires
2
holds, Mark II requires 4 holds, Mark III requires 8 holds, Mark IIIB,
Fencer,
and Ninja require 10 holds, Mark IV, Mark V, and Fencer B require 12
holds,
Mark VI and Dopplesolander require 16 holds.  Note that each can be
carried in
only one cargo bay.  To make this a greater limitation, freighters are
going to
have their holds divided between six cargo bays...  Special OGRE
transports are
possible, instead of holds, they have a hanger large enough to carry the
OGRE;
the usually 1.5 x mass carried is used.

Any comments???  Did I forget something???

Why am I not using Dirtside?  You have to win one to four battles to
conquer
each planet.  With 2 man-hours to set-up and 1 man hour to strike per
battle,
miniatures are not do able.  But I have lots of Panzer Leader, Panzer
Blitz,
and Arab-Israeli Wars mapboards that can be set up and struck in
minutes...

By the way, does anyone have ideas for Sa'Vasku or Phalon bio units for
OGRE/GEV???

Prev: FMA 1:6 Scale Next: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements