Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:09:07 +1100
Subject: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

G'day,

>Frankly, I don't understand why anyone
>bothers with those things.  They smell bad
>and are heinously expensive.[1]

1) It is easier to teach them to paint models well
2) Its an excuse for more models - they're armies can be borrowed after
all
3) They are so full of surprises and learn so fast that you have a ready
source of scenario generating info and opponents who will do their
uptmost
to beat you just to prove they can and give you a hug afterwards <e.g.
our
"walk to school discussion this morning" centred around what we were
doing
this Fri/Sat... Lachy is planning a hand-to-hand
gene-stealer/xenomorph/bugs
fight on Friday evening and Janneke is keen to fly WWI airplanes on
Saturday... so all I have to do now is "turn up and play" ;)>
4) You can make as many sound effects as you like
5) Its funny watching grade school teachers responses to being given a
lecture by an x-yr old on French Grand Batteries, Sa'Vasku power
allocation,
Light Cavalry from Mongolia or half a dozen other topics during "show
and
tell"
6) When they're yours it makes all those other factors seem so very
different... its why non-parents wonder at why parents rabbit
irrationally
about their kids, it really is something you can't understand until
you've
been infected yourself ;) ;)

Have fun

Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR