Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:26:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:
>
> > > Carter Island? Huh?
> >
> > A DSII scenario John A ran a few years back at ECC
> > II. It was....big.
> > Large. Massive. Huuuuuge! A seriously grandiose
> > beach invasion (check
> > out the website for pics at:
>
> It wasn't that big.

Looked it to me back then.  ;-)  I still don't have near
that many DSII minis [yet]

> The attacking force was an ad hoc
> batallion (1 company each mech infantry, medium tanks,
> heavy tanks, scout platoon, mortar platoon, artillery
> battery, engineer platoon, and IIRC some aviation)
> against a hodgepodge of defending forces amounting to
> 2 batallions or so.  With a good block minefield group
> in, which nicely channellized the attackers.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as to how to
use/run/work engineering platoons/companies in DSII.

> > infamous in the
> > ECC area of life, and we now have an award for the
> > longest running game
> > at ECC called the Carter Island Award. None of the
>
> Speaking of which, I still havn't gotten my
> retroactive Carter Island Award certificate. . . :)

Send me your addr, John, and I'll get it out to ya.

Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?