Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:03:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Allan Goodall wrote:

> It's been years since I played DSII, and at the time I was using Epic
figures
> that I've since sold. I have a number of figures I picked up at GenCon
2000
> (Renegade Legion gave vehicles, a number of air support and tracked
ground
> vehicles from GZG/Geo-Hex).
>
> What size force/force organization makes a good start for DSII?

Well, I'm not a DSII expert (heh!), haven't had a lot of field time
with it, but I always thought a company or two of armor on a side made
a good base game. But, that's just me. Others might have a diff. view.
Anyway, something with 16-32 tanks on a side (**assuming** you have
4-tank platoons, 3-platoon companies)

> What size force, or what recommended organization, makes a good
"normal" game
> of DSII?

Unsure about that. I'm trying to set up a brigade-level game in the near
future to give that a feel.

> What is the maximum size force and its composition for a large (say 6
hour or
> more) scenario?

Do I hear a desire for a Carter Island scenario? John A? You can help
him out in this one! ;-)

> The reason I'm asking is that I want to paint up some DSII stuff. I
want to
> paint up enough to get me started, and then later paint up more for a
more
> "normal" sized game. I also want to buy some infantry figures (I was
going to
> use Epic/Space Marine plastics that I have but I'm sort of shying away
from
> that) and want to have some idea of the infantry figures I need to
buy.

Now that that's been answered (well, sorta), I have my own question for
anyone listening. What is with the '/' seperator in unit designations?
For example, what does "2/66 Armored" mean exactly, anyhow? (well, I
can figure out the "Armored" part, but not the "2/66" bit).

Why have I been asking these questions lately? I'm trying to understand
things better so I can work on a TO&E for my UNSC forces.  :-)

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?