Prev: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: goodbye..

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 12:35:48 -0800
Subject: Re: goodbye..

Hi,

I too am finding the noise to content ratio to be growing. Maybe
10% of the posts on this list are on topic. Could people try
a little bit harder to stay on topic? All I ask is that before
people post, ask yourself this: "Do the several hundred other
people on the list really care about this?"

Maybe we could give J.A. his own list, where people send messages
carefully crafted to rile him up, then stand back and watch the
fireworks. Also, the puns could move to alt.humor.puns (see, someone
has already set it up for you!) I'm sure they will be far more
appreciative over there.

Personally, I could care less if someone hates the French, thinks
Italians
make better coffee than tanks, has found that Arabs can't hit the broad
side of a barn from 12 paces, has discovered that the Germans invented
the anti-armour rifle bullet, or eats hush puppies with onions.

All it means to me is that I get 70 emails a day, of which maybe
three or four have anything remotely to do with GZG.

Sincerely,
Tony Christney

On Sunday, March 17, 2002, at 01:18 AM, Bob DeAngelis wrote:

> I have been lurking on this group for 18 months. When I joined, full
of
> enthusiasm for my discovery of DSII I read through ALL the archives. I

> was
> knocked out by the depth of discussion and the interesting related but

> OT
> threads and dashes of humour . HOWEVER enough is enough. In the last
few
> months the ratio of content to garbage has reached crisis proportions.
> Between sheep puns , discussions of racial mix and problems in
Germany,