Prev: Re: DSII/SGII-related question: fighting vehicles Next: Re: ACID RESISTANT ARMOR

Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 12:30:56 -0500
Subject: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

At 6:36 PM -0500 3/16/02, John Crimmins wrote:

><Whistling>
>
>"He's been stabbed in the back, he's been misunderstood,
>It's a comfort to know his intentions are good.
>And he sits in a room with a lock on the door,
>With his maps and his medals laid out on the floor-
>And he likes to be known as the angry young man."
>
></Whistling>

I think I take moderate offense to this. (Likely far less so than John
does.)

The .50 Cal BMG myth is not unlike the NASA never went to the moon
myth with people in the space industry. It really pisses them off
because it's so based on really spurious logic and bad data. Just a
little looking around and you'd get a better idea. Frankly I don't
blame them. There are a few misconceptions and idiotic things that
set me off related to work.

For example. The US uses AC-130 guns ships. They specifically use
them on infantry targets. They have had 7.62 mini guns, 20mm mini
guns (a cannon type round with explosive properties), 40mm Bofor's
cannons (with explosive rounds), 105mm howitzer (with explosive
rounds). Draw your parallels between the ammo types generally fitted
into the .50 BMG (SLAP, HE, HEI, etc) and you can draw your own
conclusions.
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: DSII/SGII-related question: fighting vehicles Next: Re: ACID RESISTANT ARMOR