Prev: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [OT]Euro-Immigrants was: Anti-Americanism

Re: Inaccuracy, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:09:18 +1100
Subject: Re: Inaccuracy, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> In fact,
> to my knowledge, the US is the only major nation that
> did not adopt an anti-tank rifle.

The 0.55 UK Boys Anti-Tank Rifle was used by the USMC.
Not often, not a lot, and AFAIK not after 1942, but it
was used IIRC at the raid on Makin. I'll see if I can find a URL...

http://hqinet001.hqmc.usmc.mil/HD/Historical/Museum_Artifacts/Ordnance.h
tm

> 1)My initial response to Bob's post was a bit too
> heated.  While I stand by the substance of what I
> said, I apologize to Bob for the manner in which I
> expressed it.

Spoken like a Gentleman, Sir.

Prev: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: [OT]Euro-Immigrants was: Anti-Americanism