Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: Euro-Immigrants was: Anti-Americanism

Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:16:18 +1100
Subject: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

At 01:46  16/03/02 -0800, John wrote:
>There is NO mention in the Geneva Conventions
>forbidding any round with two exceptions:  Poisoned
>rounds, and hollow-point rounds.  These rounds are
>considered to cause unnecessary suffering.  However,
>the .50 caliber BMG is a full metal jacket round and
>hence is legal to use on any target whatsoever.  It
>was designed to for use against personnel and has been
>used against personnel in every conflict the US has
>been in since 1920.

Actually the 50 cal. round was in it's first incarnation a anti-armour
round developed by the Germans in WWI, I can't remember the exact
details
of the round, that book went back to the library. The Americans came
along
liked what they saw and borrowed it.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: Euro-Immigrants was: Anti-Americanism