Prev: SG2 QRC Next: RE: [OT] Goose Green

Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:04:53 +1100
Subject: Re: Re: 1:1 FMAS

> I assume someone has tried making body armor?  I'd think that a thin
polyethylene would suffice, and if done properly should be pretty
flexible.
You could cut piece from a milk jug and make "scale mail"--loan them out
new people until you get them hooked.

Soft body armours are prohibited as they tend to prevent paintballs from
breaking - hard armours make them break more often and make movement a
little harder - I've been heavily involved for about 18 years now and
I've
seen a few attempts along these lines - the bottom line has always been
that
the game is a "contact" sport with a few bruises - it doesn't stop
several
million people worldwide playing it each weekend as a social sport and
quite
a lot as a competitive sport. Unfortunately the gamme is largely male
dominated with only a few notable exceptions of ladies/women playing
more
than once or twice - the game does involve a degree of rough and tumble
-
that's one of the reasons why I keep playing :-)

Brendan
(Team ACME)

Prev: SG2 QRC Next: RE: [OT] Goose Green