Prev: RE: Re: 1:1 FMAS Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?

Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:44:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:43:11 EST, MxConnell@aol.com wrote:

>Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (as a newbie it's hard to sip
from
>the gzg-l fire hose), but the HMGS have run a couple games with the 1/6

>figures at Fall-In!, there Gettysburg con.

I have pictures of one of the games at Fall In! 2000.

> I think the play area was
>something like 40'x20'. The guys went nuts with very impressive
buildings,
>and they action shots were cool because the figures could be
appropriately
>posed. I don't even want to think about the cash outlay, they had most
of the
>1/6 vehicles to accompany the troops.

The size is about right. The buildings were simple. They were wood
"shells"
that opened up in back. They had cut outs for windows and doors. Now
that I
think of it, a little while with a jigsaw, some plywood (painted when
done)
and some hinges could make a reasonable village that lay flat.

The cost outlay? Well, you're talking about US$40 for the Dragon figures
they
used, each, plus about US$150 to $200 for the Stuart tanks. I think they
had a
German tank which was made by a company that does custom creations. I
think
that runs you about US$200.

Personally, I'd have left out the tanks. The force was too small. A
purely
infantry game in FMAS would be cool.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: Re: 1:1 FMAS Next: Re: [SG2] Quick Reference Sheet?