Prev: RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:24:58 +1100
Subject: RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...

G'day,

> I know. OTOH I've talked to other Vector SV players who have
> never yet lost a single battle, and consider even the "official" fixes
be
> too weak. However, they use custom designs rather than the FB2 ones,
> and I don't know what set-ups they use (initial speeds, etc.)
>
> Which is also directly opposite to the experience of the
> above-mentioned players - if they lose a power generator the damaged
ship
> opens the range, repairs the PG, and then returns to the fray

I guess that could be where we don't see it as we haven't got too many
"homegrown SV designs". We also play at fairly high speeds, floating
map, in
inches on a ping pong table and you quite often get multiple thresholds
in a
turn. So I'd wonder at the fixing generators as being that
useful/possible -
at least in the games we play. The SV are usually too weak to get far
enough
away quickly enough and then have time to spend a turn putting their
energy
from thrust to repair to get a generator back up and going. As soon as
you
break the line to go do that the fighters/missiles are off after you as
they
know what you're up to... or the "little guys" left round the edges to
clean
up. As with Jaime we've found that with our style of play sacrificing
the
damage ships is the safer move.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question