Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question Next: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:31:50 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

Charles Taylor wrote:

>I've been re-reading the revised MT missiles that were posted on the
>list some time ago (27th Sept 2001), and I have a couple of questions
>(and a proposal).
>
>The description states that these missiles move like fighters, but are
>moved before fighters, but when are they launched?
>
>a) At the beginning of Phase 3) Move Fighter Groups,
>
>or..
>
>b) During Phase 4) Launch ordnance (which would mean that their _first_
>turn of movement is _after_ fighter primary move.

b). Missiles are ordnance. Yes, this means that fighters have to burn
endurance to intercept MTMs which launch this turn unless the missiles
are
launched to within 6mu of the fighters; that's exactly the same as
against
Salvo Missiles.

>Finally the proposal:
>
>The revised rules covered MT missiles, and MT EMP missiles, but not MT
>Needle Missiles:

That's correct, and it is deliberate. Unless you can pack in a
full-sized
FCS into the missile in addition to its drive and warhead, the missile
doesn't have good enough sensors to pick out a specific target system.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question Next: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)