Prev: RE: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers Next: Re: Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:51:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> > unbelievably naiive, if automatic assumption. Noting
> > that the British people fit into hudreds of types, groups or
whatever
you
> > want to call them.
>
> Less so than the US.	Y'all don't make a religion out
> of "diversity" and your immigrant population is much
> smaller, percentage wise.  Ours isn't so high, until
> you consider 2nd and 3rd generation ones that still
> havn't integrated 100%.  I know some 4th generation
> Americans that still speak passable Greek, for
> instance.

My impression is that in the last two decades or so,  this has changed
considerably in Britain and a number of other European countries,
including
Germany. There are quite substantial immigrant populations, some of them
living here for two or more generations.

Greetings

Prev: RE: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers Next: Re: Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)