Prev: Re: SG2 terrain Next: RE: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)

Re: FMAS 1:1 (p8ntball)

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:22:55 +1100
Subject: Re: FMAS 1:1 (p8ntball)

>   Actually, there was a paintball mortar on the market about 10 years
ago.
> It held about 20 or so paintballs held together during launch in
Styrofoam
> cup (not a standard size one I believe). I saw it used only once, but
it
had
> about 40 yard range, and cover a nice area on impact. It could be
handled
by
> using a custom paint color for the mortar rounds, and allowing splash
> wounding/kills.

there was particular device intended as a barrel mount "shotgun" and
used
twin CO-2 cylinders to fire paintballs that had a "grip" at the rear
that
allowed for use as a mortar - it just happened to fire anything else
that
was stuffed into the breach as well so they took it off the market -
then
came the "Airmaster" which was a mortar/bazooka - which was
simultaneously
marketed for paintball and big game hunting - it used a styrofoam sabot
for
paintballs and a plastic one for steel darts - it's been removed from
production too.

Brendan Pratt
(Team ACME - playing all over downunder!)

Prev: Re: SG2 terrain Next: RE: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)