Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited Next: Re: Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

RE: [sg] SG2 terrain

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:22:18 -0500
Subject: RE: [sg] SG2 terrain

Thanks Tom.

I am not arguing with Allan either, just supprised.

Yes, I live in the midwest (Ohio). And I have traveled some. There are
areas, here, that would also qualify for >75% coverage (Wayne national
forest, for example). But the _average_ for this area would be closer to
10-15% (lots of urban, suburban and agricultural land).

It just seemed strange that all of the major objectives for all of the
games
I have been in (so far) were all set in heavily forested areas.

And like I said, I wanted to get an idea of the amount of cover needed
for a
good SG game. I understand that too little cover causes a lot of
suppression
and not much movement. I also understand that too much cover takes away
lot of the advantage of an elite force (everyone only has short range
band).
I was trying to get an idea of what the minimum cover for a good game
would
be. I was also trying to decide if I wanted to model an area near my
Grandmother's farm for a game (hills, wooded areas, ponds, some
buildings,
cultivated areas, sunken roads, pasture, etc.). But there may not be
enough
cover for a good game.

-----
Brian Bell