Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Now Chan Next: BATTLE SIZES

Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:46:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:23:33 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Let's see.... 1/6th scale.... so a 6'' human would be 1'' (Trying to
picture
>here, not familiar with the scale).... is this comparable in scale to
the
>REAL G.I. Joe figures of old?

Yes, though nobody would use GI Joe figures. They suck compared to the
high
quality figures from Dragon and Sideshow Toys.

Note: I have several GI Joes. I have the Marine Sniper (forgot to put
that in
the list!), the D-Day Salute figure, their Collector's Club Confederate
and
Union soldiers and Generals Grant and Lee, and their WWI US pilot.
However, I
got the sniper when GI Joes were being re-released. If I were to do it
over,
I'd skip the ACW figures and go for the ones from Sideshow toys (I have
Berdan's Sharpshooter and 57th Virginia figure), I'd buy the Dragon
sniper in
stead (far, far, FAR better camouflage stuff), but I would still get the
Grant
and Lee figures.

Note to TomB: Sideshow makes a WWI Highlander! Thought I'd mention
that...

Oh, darn... Just went to Sideshow... They are taking preorders for a
limited
edition Confederate Bugler and... a 146th NY Zouave! Where's that credit
card???

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? Now Chan Next: BATTLE SIZES