Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

RE: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:55:18 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> Localization into CCJK FIGS and Brazilian Portuguese is a subtask
> attached to some of the projects. <g>  (remember that I sold
> translation services not too long ago).

AEB:
> What's the difference between Braziliero and East Timor Portugese?

Well, from my point of view, the difference is the market size (Brazil
has IIRC 170 million, Portugal about 10 million people), which makes
Brazilian an easier sell.  :-)
   I don't know anything about the East Timor dialect but I'd bet that
if you use either Iberian or Brazilian, you'd be understood, you just
wouldn't sound like a native (which is what localization aims for).
Comparable, I'd think, to the difference between Southern US English and
Australian--you might not know what a "hushpuppy" is or use "y'all"
correctly, but could usually get by if you avoid slang.

Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?