Prev: Re: Teeny Nukes Next: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:11:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> Yeah, and the Russians also.	I'd also point out that
> the AQ thugs captured those AKs and RPGs.  They
> weren't handed them.

Actually, I think the Al Qaida guys WERE handed most of their weapons,
either by the Taliban or by Osama & Co. who bought them on the black
market.
The Taliban did capture quite an amount, but they also got  a lot from
other
Afghan guerilla forces who joined them when the going looked good for
the
Taliban. The Afghan guerillas, in turn captured a lot from the Russians
and
the old Afghan army, but also got handed a lot of them (mostly
Russian-type
weapons) by outside sympathizers, especially Pakistan, but also the US,
Britain and whoever else thought the Mujahideen were nice guys.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Teeny Nukes Next: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers