Prev: [SG] [DS] Good idea Brian: Painting Tips Page Next: Re: Um, eh? (Orbital Mechanics for Dummies)

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:32:17 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

John Atkinson wrote:

>Oh, I wasn't even going to point out that almost every
>air-to-air kill in the Falklands was using a US
>missile.  That's nitpicking even by my standards.

This is pretty much equivalent to saying that "most of the tank-on-tank
kills in the Gulf War was by German guns" (the 120mm gun on the M1A1 is
German design), or why not "Sweden was involved in the recent Kargil war

between Pakistan and India" (after all, the Indians used both Bofors
howitzers and Carl Gustafs). Or why not "Russia is involved in the
fighting
against the US coalition in Afganistan right now", since the AQ thugs
use
AK-47s and RPG-7s.

If someone buys a weapon and later on uses it in a war, is the weapon
designer/manufacturer involved in the war too?

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: [SG] [DS] Good idea Brian: Painting Tips Page Next: Re: Um, eh? (Orbital Mechanics for Dummies)