Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

6mm Camo painting RE: Eyes have it

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 12 Mar 2002 11:50:16 -0500
Subject: 6mm Camo painting RE: Eyes have it

Use an old, tiny (detail) brush and clip the bristles so that they begin
to get a bit stiff due to their shortened length.  Water down your
paints _slightly_ more than usual and prepare the brush with paint as if
you're getting ready to drybrush.  Instead of sweeping the bristles over
the details, stab them straight onto the model where you want to apply
the color into the camo pattern.  Repeat with different colors to get
your pattern.  Patience is important as you want to build up the color
gradually, just like drybrushing, except in a spot instead of on the
raised areas.  Make sure than when you're stabbing that you're not
making the bristles splay out all over the model.  If you can't transfer
paint without doing that, either use wetter paint or stiffer bristles.

--Flak

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 15:12, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
> >From: Tomb
> >And anyone who paints their 6mm figures with anything other than a
spray
> bomb should be dissected as a possible alien.....
>
> <very quietly putting up brushes>  A bit extreme, there, Tom.  How
about " *interviewed* as a possible alien"?

> Although I still haven't figured out a good way to give the impression
of camo splotches and speckles on 6mm, though

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.