Prev: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing Next: Poor paint bottles

Re: Re: Teeny Nukes

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:59:40 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: Teeny Nukes

>>With sufficient materials tech, you can get more energy per mass in a
>>spinning gyroscope than in any current chemical explosive.
>What do you mean by "sufficient materials tech"?  Unobtainium?  Carbon
>fibers?  Lead?

Wouldn't this include manufacture? I'm assuming it's homogeniety would
have
to be impressive to hold until 'brought up to speed'.

>Theoretically, you could fire them, too, like a frisbee out of some
sort
of
>gun. Good lord, the GW Eldar "shuriken catapult" isn't that far off...

I'd imagine it even better; just below 'up to speed', it's an
armor/fortification/mounting-piercing, buzzsaw, direct fire weapon, with
brain to kick in the 'jets' if it fails to hit a primary target. Ok,
plenty
of problems, even more with 'jets' controlled enough to precisely
increase
rotation, but it does make for an interesting BEM super dingus.

Oh, yes, the quotes around 'jets' indicates I'm also considering a range
counter-spinning centers, inertial-imparting field generators, precisely
bio-engineered bio-flatulance bio-thrusters (You're welcome,Big S), etc.

Prev: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing Next: Poor paint bottles