Prev: Re: Teeny Nukes Next: Alien Space/SFBM (was: Stardestroyer stats)

Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing

From: "Germy & Fizl" <germ@f...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:51:09 -0000
Subject: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing

> > You could go another step and treat areospace units
> > in the same way as
> > artillery.
> > Needing spotters etc...
>
> I'd have a problem with that approach.  Spotters are
> needed for precision guided munitions, but UAVs
> (abstracted off the DSII table) and other means of
> recon are used to target air strikes.  To include
> sending aircraft to patrol a certain area and shoot up
> anything he sees.  And while the spotter may be
> screaming at the pilot about the tank on the hill, if
> he can see 20 tanks bunched up on the other side of
> the hill, I know which target I'd go after if I were
> him.
> John

The reason I voiced this approach is because there is nothing
in DSII to represent the air war going on above the battlefield.
Without that I prefer the idea of an aerospace unit taking off, getting
on target and bugging out quickly.
If you have it as missions where the aerospace units are looking for
targets of opportunity, then it feels like the DSII sky is full of
planes
from
both sides flying around each other until attacking a ground target.
I don't like the feel of that.
Maybe if we had some air superiority rules it might work better.

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Teeny Nukes Next: Alien Space/SFBM (was: Stardestroyer stats)