Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: Another paint question

From: katie@f...
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:43:16 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Another paint question

Quoting Beth.Fulton@csiro.au:

> G'day,
>
> This has probably been covered in the past but I'm too lazy/busy to
> check
> the archives....
>
> For our birthdays this year Derek and I are going to get a "paint
set".
> We
> were looking a Vallejo (or however you spell it). Would anyone care to
> comment on how they rate them vs other paintsets, any drawbacks or
> pluses,
> any alternatives you think would be better?

I think they're great - the only problems I've had is that they dry
really fast.

And occaisionally the likkle nozzles on the bottles get bunged up. If
this
happens, squeezing too hard launches paint... erm... everywhere.

They do tons of colours, including lots of "authentic" military colours,
and
they do lots of shades of colours, which is great if you're hopeless at
mixing
colours for shading. (I know people who have 8 basic colours and mix
everything
else: I can never get the colour to match).

If you can actually find a *stockist* you're well away; I haven't found
anywhere except Dungeons&Starships in the UK midlands and they don't
seem to
have the full range - any one know anywhere? {I feel rather loath to pay
fiver to have a quid of paint sent to me when I only need the odd
bottle.)

Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....