Prev: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels....boom.... Next: 6mm spray bombing

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:14:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

--- John Leary <john_t_leary@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let me see...
> The British and French vs the Egyptian
> army, the army that didn't bother to turn out to
> defend thier own country during WWII, That was a
> tough one.

Oh, yeah and the fact that the UK, France, and Israel
all coordinated blew the definition of "unilatteral
action" right out the window.

> >The Falklands had NO us involvement...
> think 'Wideawake Airfield and AIM9L', and the
> quote "These obviously escaped your notice" comes
> to mind.    I was assigned at Wideawake Airfield
> in the early '70s and we 'hosted' the Royal Army
> communitions detachments every year.

Oh, I wasn't even going to point out that almost every
air-to-air kill in the Falklands was using a US
missile.  That's nitpicking even by my standards.

John

Prev: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels....boom.... Next: 6mm spray bombing