Prev: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:31:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT]Anti-americanism? (FMA)

>From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

>Hmmmm. . .
>
>Am I the only one that notices that this post only
>occours after a response to an anti-Americanism is
>posted?  It's never made in response to the original
>anti-Americanism.
>
>John

John,

At the risk of flaming and borring the others members of this group
etc...

Yes I am British, yes I replied not to ther original statement but to
your
reply. I would like to think that this was because of the tone of the
post
rather than the pro american/anti-the rest of the world content.

However, at the risk of sticking my neck out; I think that assuming that
the
US can continue to do whatever it likes forever is somewhat naive. The
idea
that any country can exist as a isolationist power in today's close nit
international community is pretty absurd really. No country is entirely
indipendant of any other. The final resolution that such a power could
employ is that of force I suppose, but could anyone, even the enourmous
military power of the US, hold down (or even take) an empire sufficient
suply all the resources it requires? I think not.

I am not anti-American, I do not claim to fully understand the American
people but that is pretty much par for the course. However, I do not
feel
that George Bush's administration is doing the USA any favours with its
standings in the international community. Anyway, I shall stop here, it
is
just my opinion. However, it is far from relevant to this list, which is
why
I feel that discusions along these lines should stop.

Anyways, John if you would like to take this discusion to off-list, then

please do I am perfectly prepared to discuss my opinions, but as I say,
not
on this list.

Richard

Prev: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....