Prev: newwave.org Next: OT: Eight Hours Day

Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:24:45 +1100
Subject: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

At 08:05  11/03/02 -0600, Allan wrote:
>What I find sad is that the flame war pretty much killed what could
have been
>a really interesting thread. How do you handle small, limited nukes in
DS2 and
>SG2? Yes, SG2... for, as Tom will point out in the Traveller universe,
there
>were ways of defending against nukes that closed within SG2 range. I
think
>"pocket nukes" (as opposed to backpack nukes) or nuclear grenades could
be an
>interesting addition to the DS2 and SG2 arsenals.
>
>Maybe we can save the thread and talk about a game role for nuclear
weapons,
>assuming a technology that allows you to make a very tiny nuke that
explodes
>with, say, the force of a large artillery shell.

But just how small can a tiny nuke be? I can vaguely remember a similar
thread a few years back during which some people discussed just this.
They
pointed out that there is a minimum size a nuclear warhead, can anyone
clarify this or is it going to easier to use normal explosives if that
really tiny nuke doesn't really make that big an explosion?

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: newwave.org Next: OT: Eight Hours Day