Prev: Re: DSII question Next: RE: Dropships

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: Jonathan White <jonw@n...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 00:01:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

On 10/03/2002 10:25 pm, "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 8) The whole reason you people (foreigners in general,
> Euros and Canadians in specific) dislike the US is
> pure jelousy.  You're torqued because the US can act
> decisively and unilaterally, which no European state
> has been able to do since WWI (except Germany, but
> they got slapped down the two times they tried that).
I wouldn't normally respond in such an.. explosive thread, but your
assertion here is simply wrong. There have been numerous occasions since
WWII (let alone WWI) when European national forces have been involved
directly in armed conflicts, without the US committing as much as single
bullet. I suggest you consult a good late C20 history book about the
Suez
crisis or Falklands conflict, or the French 'involvement' in Algeria.
There
are probably some others I've forgotten.

These obviously escaped your notice and, to be fair, since they aren't
related to the US in any way there's no reason you would know about them
necessarily - they're certainly unlikely to be taught in US schools.
However
I think if there was anyone here who was a Falklands (or even Suez)
veteran,
they'd take serious objection to what you said.

				TTFN

Prev: Re: DSII question Next: RE: Dropships