Prev: Re: Salute (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

USCMC/Aliens/Preds for SG2

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:05:01 -0500
Subject: USCMC/Aliens/Preds for SG2

Someone asked about Aliens/Preds for SG2. Stuart Murray did a rather
cool conversion of the US Colonial Marine Corps for SG2 and I have a
"printed" copy. Does anyone have a working web link to this material? It
had some interesting ideas.

My own variant of same features:

M577 APC
- 2 x DFFG/1 or DFFG/2 (turret)
- 2 x rotary SAW (180 front traverse)
- Armour 2
- HM Wheeled

Dropship
- 1 x Forward firing RFAC/1 or RFAC/2
- 1 x SLAM/3 (using my own homebrew rules for SLAM) (forward firing)
- 2 x GMS/H
- Armour 2
- VTOL/Aerospace

Smartguns:
Stu adds a smartgun die for the saw gunners (a system quality die,
d6->d10). I don't just add the die (that seemed a bit much). I roll it
separately, compare it to the quality die roll, and take the higher of
the two. This is more moderate but does involve knowing which die is the
quality die. Basically my logic is that if the soldier aims well (good
QD roll), the smartgun doesn't add much if anything.

Aliens:
If I had some of those great LEG figs... (sigh) or found someone
knocking them off....(sigh).
Anyway, Nic at Eureka has got some tres cool Chaos Weasels that are...
"a close first cousin".
And the Kryomek aliens aren't bad as a substitute, nor are classic
Genestealers.
I'd rate the Aliens from the movie in SG2 as:
Movement: 8" or 2d8. (faster than humans encumbered, about equal to
unencumbered)
Quality: D10.
Leadership: 1 (they don't panic...)
Armour: D8. Bullets kill them.
In close assault, give them the +2 shift for close combat weapons. (big
teeth and that sharp tail)
Cause Terror.
Do not have to check to enter CC.
Often start scenario invisible/hidden.... ;)
If injured, auto resolve casualty like PA. (They either keep coming or
they lie there... no ambiguity)

Preds in SG2:
Single figure (read the individual figure rules from SG)
Plasma gun (D6 FP, D12* impact)
VibroGlaive and Claws(+2 in close combat)
VibroBoomerang (D8 FP, D12 impact, close range only)
Lethal Wire Net (D8 FP, D10 impact, close range only, figure not injured
is considered immobilized - a re-org action will free him, otherwise he
must be carried as wounded or abandoned (with morale test) and cannot
fight until freed).
Quality: D10 or D12
Movement: 8" base, 3d8" sprint.
Leadership: 1
Do not have to test to enter CC.
In CC, roll 2 QD! (These guys very rarely lose CC)
I leave to your imagination the effect of the small portable nuclear
charge.
Cloaking Device: May attack cloaked. Treat figure as in position and in
hard cover (3 shifts). If figure is hit, roll D6. On 1-2, cloak is
rendered inoperative. Mind you, a true hunter is not afraid of
Prey......

Prev: Re: Salute (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....