Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

Re: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:40:14 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

In message <20020309190026.GA21932@firedrake.org>
	  Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 01:55:08PM -0500, Richard and Emily Bell
wrote:
> >Linking the charging rate to
> >power diverted from beams and/or maneuvering gives the player
control.

> ...but also adds horrible amounts of complexity to gameplay. I'm
coming
> down in favour of "fixed cycle time, number of turns" more than
anything
> else.
>
> Roger

Yeh, I can go with that - relatively easy to do:

# turns between firings is inversely proportional to mass of ship (or
mass of FTL drive on ship)

Say #turns to re-charge = 60/(MASS of FTL)

So with 30 MASS of FTL, you can fire once every 2 turns.

Charles

Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]