Prev: Salute (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: DSII: Assault Landers

Tasmanian Full Thrust Titles

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:01:25 +1100
Subject: Tasmanian Full Thrust Titles

G'Day

The Tasmanian Full Thrust Titles were held at the Van Diemen's Wargaming

Club today. This tournament was supposed to be held at JesterCon 2002 in

Launceston (a city in Tasmania's north), but due to rising insurance
costs
the con was cancelled. I decided to run the tournament anyway at the
wargame club in Hobart.

The tournament was run using Allan Goodall's double elimination format
tournament rules with suggestions on design restrictions from Oerjan. I
managed to get seven players (two from Launceston), but unfortunately
not
Beth. The day would have too much for Mei and Janneke, though Lachlan
did
come along and helped to officiate.

Most fleets were FB1 or custom designs, no FB2 alien races as it turned
out. Eventually John Langiu (ESU), one the travellers from Launceston
won
the tournament and, after close completion and a show of hands, he also
won
the 'best presented fleet' award. John's closest completion for that
award
was a young man by the name of Matthew Cleaver, whose fleet included
among
other things an excellent space battleship Yamato and some ships similar
the EDF crusier mogami, which he has sculpted himself.

I've have taken some photos, so with any luck they should be developed
soon
and once that is done I'll put them up and let you know.

Now all we have to do is run the titles again next year and see if we
can
drag test-list denizen David Stuckey from his cave in New Zealand and
get
him to come over and join in :)

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Salute (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: Re: DSII: Assault Landers