Prev: Re: ECC V Quote Board Next: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers

Re: Star Destroyer stats

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:56:35 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Star Destroyer stats

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:12:26 -0000 Adam Benedict Canning
<dahak@dahak.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

> What's wrong with the plastic SD with the fiberoptic lights?

> Ertl? Revell? i'm Not sure but they do a Galactica and a Cylon base
star in about the same size. <

Yes, and the kit SD (or the "electronic" toy version) is even roughly
in scale with the Galactica kit (15" = 1609 m vs. 18" = 1852 m). The
Base Star is a subject of some debate as to its size, but I think the
kit looks about right.

Of course, you'll have to live with the limitations of the kits. The
Base Star is excellent, having been created from the original master
moulds used for the series. The Galactica, OTOH, is a piece of junk!
I'm still kicking myself for not buying an accurising kit when I had
the chance, and now the manufacturer's gone under!

Guess I'll have to use my cold cast porcelain "ornaments" instead.
They're not in scale with anything else much, but I don't plan to mix
universes...

Phil
----
Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!

Prev: Re: ECC V Quote Board Next: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers