Prev: RE: [OT] More comments on miniatures wanted Next: Stinkin' Zhos

Re: Millenium Falcon II

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:14:59 GMT
Subject: Re: Millenium Falcon II

In message <3C856526.24985.178AF4@localhost>
	  "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:

> Tony,
> The Falcon is "fastest ship in the galaxy" but
> only in Hyper. It's hyperdrive is about twice as
> efficient as most others. It made the Kessel Run
> in some fardling small amount of time. But in
> normal space, its an overthrusted conventional
> freighter, but TIE fighters have no problem
> overhauling it. Nor do other thrust-heavy
> vessels. So it isn't the fastest ship in normal
> space. I think Thrust 4-6 is reasonable.
> Thomas Barclay
> Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
> Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

Somewhere out there (I can't remember the actual URL - I think its
probably linked to from the starshipmodeller website) there is a website
covering an attempt to determine the interior layout of the Millennium
Falcon - in it there is speculation the the forward 'mandibles' were to
allow the Falcon to 'dock' to a larger cargo pod, and push it, as a
space-faring barge. The off-set position of the cockpit does support
this theory.
This would mean the Falcon would have quite a lot of thrust to start
with (A lot of the engine customisation could have been to improve
responisveness).

OTOH, considering the (alleged) origins of the Falcon Design, it's
probably just a coincidence :-)

Just an idea :-)

Charles

Prev: RE: [OT] More comments on miniatures wanted Next: Stinkin' Zhos