Prev: [OT] More comments on miniatures wanted Next: Re: GZG ECC V

ECC V Quote Board

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:08:25 -0500
Subject: ECC V Quote Board

"Where is my room?" - Unknown

[Tomb] Another frequently heard quote "Where is Adrian?" (He arrived
eventually, but he was hours and hours late....). Apparently morning
came early for Adrian in Toronto on Friday (and for me on Saturday at
ECC *blush*).

"The wonderful thing about snipers is snipers are wonderful things" -
David
Raynes, singing during the Charlie Don't Surf scenario

[Tomb] Did that sniper ever fire a shot?

"Is that the command bush?" - Harry Kagelschatz, Tomb's SGII game

[Tomb] Both Commanders seemed to like shrubbery.....

"He could move into the lichen and take cover" - Tomb, SGII game
"I don't want to do that" - Jerry Han
"It's not to his lichen" - Harry K.

[Tomb] It's a good thing I'm not a violent man, or I'd have assumed the
NBS role momentarily here... many groans were heard....

"I called up the chain of command...and someone was paying attention!" -
Chris Deboe (as ortillery cleans up the opposing team in Tomb's SGII
game)

[Tomb] And you had some minor chance of getting something really nasty
(which didn't happen). Fortunately, command decided you were not
expendable... ;)

"Some of us played in the last cheese game and have "issues" with the
news
crew." - Tomb, Carnage Con Queso
"Issues?? Get the whole subscription!" - Pat Muller

[Tomb] In last year's Con Queso, Adrian won by seeming weak while being
a cheese pirate... meanwhile I think Pat's troops were "an atrocity"
committed last year by Aaron Teske's PA. So a lot of us had News Crew
issues. Mike Hudak got most of his revenge for his Nuns last year by
taking his Gretchen after the News Crew this year.

"You can't set flamethrowers on simmer" - Joel, Carnage Con Queso

[Tomb] Says the man driving around with his 6x6 on fire.

"Eat him. Into the stew pot!" - Tomb referring to the cheesy media crew
in
Carnage Con Queso

[Tomb] Specifically to Mike's Gretchen eating the mostly dead news crew
(made mostly dead by the self-same Gretchen).

"I AM THE ANTI-CHEESE!" - John Crimmins, after discovering he had
achieved
the lowest (ever!) Carnage Con Queso score (-9 pts)

[Tomb] Yes, and I have the picture to prove it.

Saturday Evening:
- -----------------
"Everyone busts on Barclay [Tomb]. He has to PAY us to shoot you" - Jim
Bell
explaining to Jon Davis why he should not be concerned about Tom's
running
bounty on killing him

[Tomb] Jon survived this year. How unfortunate. That will have to be
rectified at ECC VI. ;)
Usually they say that which does not kill you makes you stronger, but
when that group includes
Jim and JP, it just makes the pain continue.... :-P

"So, one little question: can I smother that grenade with the Zhodani?"
- - Mike Richie, Silverstone FMA skirmish game.

[Tomb] If the roll had been a bit better, yes. In this case, the Zho in
question was outnumbered 4:1 in HTH and decided to pop a grenade then
TPort. Only he blew a Tport after getting whacked by an alert Imperial
Marine. And then Chris decided he was expendable and put a plasma gun
bolt into the melee to take out the Zho and two or three Marines.

At the end of Tom Barclay's Silverstone FMA game:
"In one of the sad ironies of war, your intelligence crews on both sides
were wrong. You were fighting over something not really important" -
Tomb
(GM)
"Death to Tom! Death to Tom!" - Imperial Marine and Zhodani players in
unison

[Tomb] Ah, what a warm feeling, the tingle of adoration..... ;)

Prev: [OT] More comments on miniatures wanted Next: Re: GZG ECC V