Prev: Re: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: More on Star Wars Ships

Re: More on Star Wars Ships

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:16:43 -0500
Subject: Re: More on Star Wars Ships

At 12:17 PM -0800 3/5/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>I found this very interesting website:
>
>http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/
>
>If the other ship titles are for ships comparable in mass to the
>same class in FT, then we can assume that Star Destroyers are on a
>scale that dwarfs even SDN's, and SSD's would be well, even more
>silly in hugemongousness.

I think the thing to remember with Star Destroyers is that they are
not Destroyers. The radical difference between the role of the
Frigate in the days of sail and the current use/size comparison
between them and other men of war is a very good illustrator of point.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF        -

Prev: Re: IJN/EDF Ships Next: RE: More on Star Wars Ships