Prev: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel Next: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:22:57 -0500
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 11:38 AM -0500 3/5/02, Indy wrote:
> >
> >Doesn't have to be *that* large, though. Cruiser-sized, maybe upwards
of
> >battleship-sized. Just abstract. You can even make the MF smaller by
> >abstracting it's weapons system down to 1 PDS (although I'd feel a
higher
> >thrust rating would be warrented, so my MF design would end up being
larger
> >than yours ;-)
>
> She had more than a PDS. I'd call it two PDS, a Salvo Missile
> Launcher system (Concussion Missile launcher) and a forward arc class
> 2. Thrust 4 would require a somewhat sizable craft when you add in
> some cargo space.

Yes, there are 2 PDS guns on the ship, but I was saying abstract them
out to 1 gun for space-savings. FT does not and should not be only
modelling each and every individual weapon on a given vessel. It was
meant to be done in an abstract fashion. Otherwise if you do cross-genre
ships, equivalent-sized Superior Wars ships are going to MASSIVELY
outgun
a GZG ship (which, if you note, have very little, if any, weapon arrays
visible, lending it easier to abstracting).

I don't know anything about the Concussion Missile launcher, or remember
anything about the Class 2 beam weapon.

In any event, *if* you want to keep it small, you can't model each
individual weapon system; you need to abstract. If you don't [want
to abstract, that is], go nuts. But no room for complaints for how
big the Star Destroyers will get.  ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel Next: Re: [SG] (ish) Non-lethal anti-riot gel