Prev: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

RE: The GZG Digest V2 #973

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:50:25 -0000
Subject: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #973

> Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:16:32 +0100
> From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
> Subject: Re: IJN/EDF Ships
>
> Adam Benedict Canning wrote:
>
>  >SBB
>
> Appearently TMF = 317.		Mass	Cost

I made it 320. In that I went for a what it has and percentages basis
rather than min maxing. Its not a very MM design after all. Since you
seem to be correct I have discovered that enginering felt that telling
you about 2 Submunitions packs was inappropriate. Which takes TMF to
320. Now I just have to work out how one factors an chief engineer
who's bionic arms are also high explosive charges.

>  >Thrust 4,			63	126

Thus 64/ 128

>  >FTL,				32	64

>  >Partial Streamlining,		32	64
>  >96 Hull,			96	192
>  >16 Damage Control Parties,
>  >4 Firecontrols,			4	16
>  >1 Shield,			16	48
>  >1060 pts+ Fighters
>
> Err... no, 1049 pts + fighters

Which accounts for the higher price. +3 for hull, + 6 for SMP's and +2
for the extra FTL capability.

>  >Weapons
>  >  1x Wave Gun F			12	36
>  >  2x 5 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS,AP,AS 16	48
>  >  1x 1 Arc SMR F		4	12
>
> Non-standard weapons; SMRs are 3-arc

A typo. F, FP, FS. This and the SMP's are representing the rather
incoherent use of missile systems the Yamato displays.

>  >  1x 3 Arc 2 Battery F,FP,FS.	2	6
>  >  6x 6 Arc 1 Battery ALL		6	18
>  >  6x PDS ALL			6	18
>  >  1x 3 Arc 2 Battery A,AP,AS.	2	6
>  >  1x 5 Arc 3 Battery FP,FS,AP,AS,A 8	24
>  >  2x Fighter Squadrons		18	54
> - ----------------------------------------------------------------
> TOTAL 			317	732+317 = 1049
>
>  >BB
>
> Appearently TMF 100.		Mass	Cost

TMF 100

>  >Thrust 4,			20	40
>  >FTL,				10	20
>  >30 Hull,			30	60
>  >2 Firecontrols,			2	8
>  >3 Armour,			3	6
>  >342 pts
>
> No, 339 pts.

> TOTAL 			100	239 + 100 = 339

I was counting Armour As Mass x3 for some reason.

>  >CM
>  >  Type M21881 [Paladin]
>  >Thrust 4,
>  >FTL,
>  >21 Hull, 4 Damage Control Parties, 2 Firecontrols, 240 pts
>
> Agreed <g> TMF 70.
>
>  >Weapons
>  >  1x 3 Arc SML with 3 round magazine.
>  >  1x 4 Arc 3 Battery FP,FS,AP,AS
>
> Disconnected arcs aren't allowed under the current official
> design rules,
> but this restriction will probably be removed.

I know but given the way this ship was designed it is a good argument
for such. What loonie put a giant fin in front of one of the turrets.
[Obviously the same one who thought the Mogami should have the thin
fins in front of thier weapons.]

I am suitably chastised and will include TMF in future.

Adam

Prev: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs