Prev: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs- Stardestroyer stats Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs- Stardestroyer stats

GZG ECC V: The Quote Board

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:31:22 -0500
Subject: GZG ECC V: The Quote Board

Greetings everyone,

Herein are the recorded quotes from the Quote Board at ECC V this
past weekend. I heard many more during the course of events, but
was often too busy to get those written down anywhere. Alas. However,
you can get a good flavor of things from these. You might notice a trend
here and there, as some people were quoted far more often than others.

And yes, in some cases the Narn Bat Squad should have made an appearance
to the offending quotee.

Anyway, enjoy the read. Jerry should be getting this up on the GZG-ECC
webpage soon. I'll ry to write up my own quick After Con Report as soon
as I get more time.

BTW, if your favorite quote from a particular game during the weekend
does
not appear on the list here, that's because it never made the Quote
Board.
Next year you'll have to be more dilligent at getting these things
recorded.
;-)

Mk

		   GZG ECC V Quote Board

Friday Evening:
---------------
"This has spikey bits pointing out both ends" - Aaron Newman

"Where is my room?" - Unknown

"And now a brain just walked in" - Aaron Newman, Ghostbusters game

"But, even in theory, you should be able to kill a zombie with a proton
gun." - Aaron Newman, Ghostbusters

"When Benny Rambo is busy, we all watch." - Stuart Murray, Cinegrunt

"Okay! You will now receive the official chastise of the GM: chastise,
chastise, chastise, chastise!" - Jerry Han to Bryan Gordon after Bryan
plotted vector movement for two turns in a cinematic movement-based FT
game.

"I got a '1'" - Indy, during an initiative roll in Jerry's Eye of the
Storm
FT game
"A '6'!!!" - Bryan Gordon
"Good job, Indy, you got him to waste a '6'" - Aaron Teske
"I wasn't aware that dice rolling was an attritional maneuver" - J Han

"Don't worry, Jim, you're within 12 inches. I'll even give you that." -
Bryan to Jim Flood while he was measuring the distance between ships,
Eye
of the Storm

"That's a big ship, it has a lot of damage to soak up" - A Teske
"It's the quicker picker-upper!" - Bryan Gordon, Eye of the Storm

"We'll do Jim first. I've been picking on him all day and will continue
to." - Bryan Gordon, Eye of the Storm

"Oh, hello." - Indy as Bryan moves his ships to within 6 inches of
Indy's,
and ends up in Indy's front arc, Eye of the Storm
"F*?#!!!" - Bryan in reply

"Ships coming, bad! Ships coming, bad!" - Indy pointing to the
reinforcement
fleet of UNSC cap ships which just appeared on the table, Eye of the
Storm

"Jim [Bell], are you going to take a junk attack?" - JP Fiset
"I can't afford to take junk" - Jim

"Stuart said I was invincible!" - Benny Rambo, a.k.a., Jon Davis in
Stuart
Murray's Charlie Don't Surf Cinegrunt game

"This pod breaks for no apparent reason" - Pat Muller, referring to
bumper
sticker on his pod in the Pod Racing game.

"You're a freak, Aaron!" - Jerry Han after watching Aaron Teske make 5
multi-die rerolls for a total of 19 pts beam damage from 8 dice, Eye
of the Storm

"You need to learn moderation" - Jerry Han after watching Indy roll
yet *another* split set of 6s and 1s
"I'm channeling Beth" - Indy (pulling in Beth Fulton's power to roll 6s
in the Northern Hemisphere), Eye of the Storm

"Suck my bolts" - Pat "The Narcolyptic Pod Racer" Muller

"Let's get rid of the guy who's about to disappear" - Channing Faunce

"The wonderful thing about snipers is snipers are wonderful things" -
David
Raynes, singing during the Charlie Don't Surf scenario

"You want one of those?" - JP (discussing damage explosions)
"No, I want a bigger one" - Doug Schavo

"It takes a round to eat a brain" - Aaron Newman, Ghostbusters

"In Stuart's game, napalm is always coming." - Nick Caldwell, Charlie
Don't Surf

After Indy takes 16 pts damage from a UN BDN in his front arc in Eye of
the
Storm:
"Any weapons left?" - Aaron Teske
"Two pulse torps, front arc" - Indy
"There's something in your front arc" - Aaron
"I know there's something in my front arc!" - Indy

"You disengaged? You ran! You coward!" - Jerry Han berating Jim Flood
for
disengaging "early" from the Eye of the Storm scenario
"We told him to!!" - Aaron and Indy in unison (Jim's allies)

>From the Formula Davis game:
"I'm rubbing 3 people" - JP
"Must be a peculiar French thing" - Tomb

Saturday Morning:
-----------------
"We have semi-mobile toilet plungers AND the never-ending scarf. Victory
is
ours!" - Aaron Newman, Nick Caldwell's FMA Pirates game

"Why can't we do this?" - Doug
"Because you're not scared shitless like the one guy all alone
surrounded by
the natives." - Aaron Newman, FMA Pirates

"As this point I've totally lost control of the game. That's exactly how
planned it." - Nick Caldwell, FMA Pirates ref

"There's a piece of grass" - Tomb, speaking of the OUDF sniper in
ghillie
"Why is it on a base?" - Dave Raynes

""I sense...a disturbance...in the water" - Aaron Newman, in an ominous
Jedi
Knight voice, referring to, well, a disturbance in the water, FMA
Pirates

"Oh, if I fight with him and die, then I can shoot him from there. Oh
okay." - Aaron Newman, FMA Pirates

"Well, SOMETHING is in the air!" - Josh DeBoe, FMA Pirates

"He's programmed to like it!" - Nick Caldwell, FMA Pirates

"What? Don't eat the Vorlon!" - Aaron Newman, FMA Pirates

"Is that the command bush?" - Harry Kagelschatz, Tomb's SGII game

"You are locked in mortal conversation" - Doug, FMA Pirates

"Mars needs women!!" - Rick Rutherford, FMA Pirates

"He could move into the lichen and take cover" - Tomb, SGII game
"I don't want to do that" - Jerry Han
"It's not to his lichen" - Harry K.

"I called up the chain of command...and someone was paying attention!" -
Chris Deboe (as ortillery cleans up the opposing team in Tomb's SGII
game)

Saturday Afternoon:

"You can't set flamethrowers on simmer" - Joel, Carnage Con Queso

"They were trying to make Swiss cheese" - Doug S, after surviving a
strafing
run in the Carnage Con Queso game

"I mean, I put a missile salvo on the guy, and he gets this death wish
for
me or something. What did I ever do to him?" - Dan Blezak, in Jerry's An
Egg
McGuffin To Go FT game

"Can I at least ram an asteroid?" - Dan Blezak after failing an engine
threshold check
"Well, slowly" - unidentified, An Egg McGuffin To Go

"Damn! Only 10 pts of damage on 6 dice." - Aaron Teske, An Egg McGuffin
To Go

"Eat him. Into the stew pot!" - Tomb referring to the cheesy media crew
in
Carnage Con Queso

"A dog that good you don't eat all at once" - John Crimmins, Carnage Con
Queso

"I AM THE ANTI-CHEESE!" - John Crimmins, after discovering he had
achieved
the lowest (ever!) Carnage Con Queso score (-9 pts)

"Fuzz gets cheese? I thought cheese usually got fuzzy" - Rick
Rutherford,
Carnage Con Queso

Saturday Evening:
-----------------
"Everyone busts on Barclay [Tomb]. He has to PAY us to shoot you" - Jim
Bell
explaining to Jon Davis why he should not be concerned about Tom's
running
bounty on killing him

"The Fraternity of Imperial Marines - Gotta Zapa Zho!" - Pat Muller in
the
Imperial Marines vs. Zhodani Silverstone FMA game

"Smoke does not block line of sight."
3 minutes laterÂ…
"Smoke does not block line of sight."
3 minutes laterÂ…
"Smoke does not block line of sight." - Brian Bell, Full Metal Ogre

"Stop rolling, you're going to suck the 6's out of them!" - JP to Dan
Blezak

"So, one little question: can I smother that grenade with the Zhodani?"
- Mike Richie, Silverstone FMA skirmish game.

"Well, I DID roll a '1'. It just had a zero behind it." - Josh Deboe,
Silverstone

"Whoooa!" - Josh Deboe, stunned, as a SAW plasma gunner closed to
pointblank
range and shot an Imperial Trooper in the head during Silverstone

"Who just fired into a melee with a plasma gun?! You killed your own
guy??"
- unidentified Imperial Marine to Zhodani commander
"He was lower caste" - Zho commander reply.

At the end of Tom Barclay's Silverstone FMA game:
"In one of the sad ironies of war, your intelligence crews on both sides
were wrong. You were fighting over something not really important" -
Tomb
(GM)
"Death to Tom! Death to Tom!" - Imperial Marine and Zhodani players in
unison

Sunday Morning:
---------------
"Ahhh...I stroke my tusk..." - Stuart Murray, in Jon Davis' Kra'Vak FT
game
A Family Crisis

"<failed screech>...Too tired to make monkey noises" - Doug P, Who's
Your
Monkdaddy FMA scenario

"I need the three most ruthless Kra'Vak" - Jon Davis, A Family Crisis
"That would be me" - Chris Deboe (there was no dissent from the other
players)

"This suddenly turned into an Aaron Newman game. I have no idea what's
going
on." - Nick Caldwell, A Family Crisis.

"Come on, I'm searching for infected monkeys. How smart do you think I
am
to be on this mission?" - Mike Hudak
"You really want me to answer that? - Dave Raynes
"Sure. You're on the same mission." - Mike, Who's Your Monkdaddy

"I am the Lord of the Monkeys" - Doug P
"Please don't dance" - David Raynes, Who's Your Monkdaddy

"I'm the GM. I get to oversee this chaos. It's lovely. It's wonderful."
- Jon
Davis, A Family Crisis

"When pool cues attack! News at 11." - Pat Muller, Awful Green Things
scenario

"Yiiiiii,Cha!" - Chris "Laserlight" Deboe doing a southern Kra'Vak
accent, A
Family Crisis

"You mean like the Bonehead Maneuver?" - Aaron Newman
"Oh! Oh! Oh! Nick!" - Stuart Murray, A Family Crisis

"Who's the Maternal War-Leader here!? Kitchen-boy!" - Stuart Murray,
with
hands on hips, A Family Crisis

"Ugly green things? I've seen it all before. No prob. Aaaiieeee!!!" -
Josh
Deboe, Awful Green Things

"I realize that your natural enemy is the grenade, so once I get
closer..."
- John to Mike Hudak, referring to Mike's original fire team being wiped
out
to a man by David Raynes' grenades early in the Who's Your Monkdaddy
scenario

"I'm using an IAVR to take out speakers" - Doug P, after Mike Hudak's
security
force turned up the Muzak on the level Doug's Kra'Vak fire team was on,
causing the Kra'Vak to lose yet another morale level, Who's Your
Monkdaddy

"Green things vs. supply officer...whiff! Supply officer returns the
favor,
using his trusty clipboard...homerun!!" - Pat Muller, Awful Green Things

"Can I attach a limpet monkey to his helicopter?" - Doug P, Who's Your
Monkdaddy

"We are ready! Let us fight!" - Stuart Murray
"Are you plotted for next turn?" - Jon Davis
"We are ready! Let us fight!" - Stuart
"I'll take that as a yes" - Jon, A Family Crisis

"It was respectable. I still think you're a dick, but it was
respectable"
- Mike Hudak to David Raynes at the end of Who's Your Monkdaddy,
referring to
David's utter removal of Mike's fire team at the beginning of the
scenario.