Prev: UN ARMED FORCES Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:29:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

On  5-Mar-02 at 09:39, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de)
wrote:

> Haven't read the books, so the following is purely from a gaming point

> of view.
>
> Bif Smith schrieb:
> > Instead of firing the plasma bolts, we have a
> > system mounted onboard the ship, that when activated,
> > destroys the ship mounting it, and causes 1D6 dammage to
> > any object within 6MU.
> [snip]
> > Also, I would make this system detonate if dammaged by enemy
> > fire or needle beams.
>
> Pretty suicidal, isn't it ?
> I would have it explode if the ship is destroyed.

In the books the ships are fighter destroyers.	They wait until
several squadrons of fighters are in close and then release the
containment field on a large amount of anti-matter.  The race that
uses this places no value on the individuals lives.

> > And there is nothing to say you couldn`t mount more than one on each

> ship.
>
> If it destroys the carrying ship when it is activated, why should a
> ship carry more than one ?

More damage.

Roger Books

Prev: UN ARMED FORCES Next: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs