Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: RE: [DSII] infantry figures

Re: Land Warfare Systems

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 10:06:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Land Warfare Systems

DAWGFACE wrote:

>http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/index.html

While FAS has a lot of entries, not all of them are entirely accurate;
for
example, it lists the height of the M551 Sheridan as 12'6" - ie. 3.8
meters
tall. If that figure has any basis in reality at all, it must be from
ground to the top of the aerials.

Because of errors like this, I consider FAS good only to give a general
idea of what a system is and does. For specific data, I only rely on FAS
if
it proves impossible to find it elsewhere - and fortunately this doesn't

happen very often.

Lots of nice pictures though <g>

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: IJN/UNSC technology Next: RE: [DSII] infantry figures