Prev: RE: [DSII] infantry figures Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 22:10:51 -0600
Subject: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:28:59 -0500, Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>So you had
>1 Cpl with sten or other sub gun
>6 pvts w/ SMLEs or No4's
>
>1 LCpl with a SMLE/No4 and several bren mags
>1 Pvt w/ a Bren, several mags and a parts wallet
>1 Pvt w/ bren mags and spare barrel/parts roll

Not always a private with the bren. My dad was a lance corporal in the
Highland Light Infantry, from 1958 to 1960. He was the section's Bren
gunner.

He also noted that during marches, the Bren was passed from man to man.
The
thing was heavy and it was considered unfair, at least in his unit, to
have
the same man marching with it. Note that this was not during combat
situations, though they trained under combat situations.

Makes for an interesting scenario idea. Have a support weapon carried by
random member of the squad, requiring a reorganize to put it into the
right
hands. Oh, and then have the squad jumped in ambush...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: RE: [DSII] infantry figures Next: Re: IJN/UNSC technology