Prev: Porsche with an attitude Next: Re: Stargrunt II for Vietnam

Re: GEV Tank

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 12:16:05 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: GEV Tank

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Richard Kirke wrote:

> >Mostly just Evergreen and Plastruct sheets and rods for the frame,
and
> >using Plastruct Weld (plastic solvent) to hold it all together.
>
> What? I have never heard of this stuff...

It's sheets of styrene plastic you can find at train hobby shops.  It
comes in all kinds of thicknesses, and rods of square cross-section or
tubes.	They also have some sheets with different kinds of textures,
like
corrugated sheet metal, or brick, and train scale ladders and stairs,
but
usually all of these are more expensive.  You use the solvent to melt
the
pieces together.

Randy Wolfmeyer

Prev: Porsche with an attitude Next: Re: Stargrunt II for Vietnam