Prev: Re: GEV Tank Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

Re: GEV Tank

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:33:44 +0000
Subject: Re: GEV Tank

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 11:13:41AM -0600, Randy W. Wolfmeyer wrote:
>http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~rwwolfme

Nice armour sloping!

>It's built almost entirely out of sheet styrene and styrene rods.  I'm
>kind of stuck on how I want to finish the detailing, if I want to keep
>more smooth stealthy/aerodynamic shape or go for all kinds of fiddly
>details.

I don't know how practical this is, but I suspect I'd want rivet-lines,
the occasional hatch, that sort of thing. The sloped sides are fine -
really just the turret top (antennae?) looks wrong without more stuff on
it.

>BTW, what does the bottom of hovercraft actually look like?  I can't
seem
>to find any pictures aside from spending $$ and buying plans for a real
>homebuilt hovercraft (wouldn't fit on my work table, I bet).

Lots of empty space, and the outlet ducts from the engines.

Roger

Prev: Re: GEV Tank Next: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER